We meet every Sunday at 10.30 a.m. - visitors are always very welcome!





We hope that this blog will provide basic information for anyone interested in our form of worship and will also give up to date information about the life of our meeting for both visitors and members. For the full story about the Irish Quakers, please visit the main site by clicking on the 'Quakers in Ireland' link.



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This Week's Reading
Luke 18: 7-14; The Pharisee and the tax collector
Lk:18:7: And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8: I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
9: And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11: The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12: I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13: And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14: I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Today we're able to show some art work and some written pieces made during sunday school on the theme of 'helping', the children talked about the topics that they had been studying at the end of the meeting. First of all we have the vivid and somewhat mysterious tree (above) and a piece about Elizabeth Fry...
...and er, I've forgotten what this goalkeeper(?) represents, saving maybe?!
..and the beginning of the story of Abraham:
Next week's Reading:
4th Query for Serious Consideration

Is your way of life in keeping with the teaching of Jesus? Do you watch against conformity to commonly-accepted standards, and against the love of ease and self-indulgence which hinders your spiritual growth and service for Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post...